Frequently asked questions on E.P.O.A at Assured Legacies

Q. My mother is becoming very forgetful and keeps running up extra costs by neglecting to pay her bills. I am worried that as she gets older she won’t be able to manage her affairs, is there anything I can do?

A. An Enduring Power of Attorney drawn up while she is still mentally capable would enable you to look after her affairs and pay her bills etc. If she were to become completely mentally incapable of running her affairs then, once registered with the Court of Protection, this power would continue to allow you to take care of her needs.